Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Samantha's bed

  1. #1
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    DD said she would rather have Samantha's bed and nightgown instead of Elizabeth. Kids! They change their minds every week! So I told her we will get it. I have one concern. When I was looking up old threads about the bed for reviews, I noted that one person had trouble with it falling apart whenever she picks it up. Does anyone else have this problem? I really need reviews please!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL! I understand about the daughter not wanting Elizabeth. I think she is pretty but my daughter refuses to have her. She says she is voicing her opinion about Elizabeth being blonde by not purchasing her. If she wanted her, Elizabeth would be bought with her own money anyway so I save money either way.

    My daughter has Samantha's bed and loves it. She uses it for her Violet Travilla doll. Ours was an ebay purchase and we got a great deal on it. It has always held together well and considering it was bought used, it must be well made to last through someone else and then us. It is still nice and shiny with no tarnishing and it has been put together and taken apart more than once and it has never fallen apart once it was put together. I am very impressed with the bed. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks! It makes me feel better about spending that kind of money. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Because of the way it assembles, pick to up by the ends not the sides and it will stay together just fine. Mine is nearly 10 years old and is still in wonderful condition.

    Ashley

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought this for DD last Christmas from eBay, assembled it, put it in my closet, and forgot about it until I was cleaning out for Goodwill the other day. Even though it had been pretty much thrown in there and had other stuff thrown on top of it, it was still in great condition. I was rather amazed. Definitely a worthwhile purchase. BTW - I've seen her bed come up on eBay fairly frequently, as well as her nightgown. You might be able to get a good bargain and buy those plus Elizabeth.

  6. #6
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Historylover - My DD is just the same. She is very upset that she can't have Elizabeth because it is not Elizabeth with blonde hair and blue eyes. I think this is very sad that Mattel has to rewrite AG history to have a certain look. I guess anyone who would have brown hair and brown eyes would not be able to be Elizabeth's best friend at Mattel. I have brown hair and brown eyes so I guess I would not look good next to Elizabeth either. [img]frown.gif[/img] What a world.

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Sam's bed is sturdy. We have had the bed sitting out for 5 years. It still looks nice even though my 9 pound Bichon Frise, Emma, thinks it is her bed and loves to snuggle on it when she gets a chance. I have had to sew on 2 of the pink satin bows over the years.

  9. #9
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    LOL! I was just thinking that my persian might think the bed is for her! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I have heard that cats also love AG beds. There have been pictures posted here with darling pets enjoying our expensive AG beds. They look so cute in the beds, it is hard to be mad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •